“[Obama] This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood… [Ayers] Uh, we were on the Woods Fund Board together for 3 years. We gave speeches together. I helped select you as director for the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which I also co-founded. [Dorhn] Hello? Don’t you remember when we launched your career in our home in 1995?”
Image courtesy of http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/05/07/just-a-guy-in-baracks-neighborhood/.
Senator Barack Obama’s friend of many years, William Ayers, who he likes to minimize his relationship with, has a long history of a leftist radical educational and socialist agenda. Obama closely worked with Ayers with the Woods Fund and the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, right after he returned to Chicago fresh from law school in the mid 1990′s. Obama’s friend Ayers keeps company with socialist Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
Per Global Labor and Politics, April 22, 2008.
“Certainly Ayers’ politics remain unapologetically authoritarian. He recently traveled to Venezuela – only the most recent of several such trips – and delivered a speech in front of Hugo Chavez in which he spoke of education as the “motor force of revolution” and his interest in “overcom[ing] the failings of capitalist education” and said he thought Chavez was creating “something truly new and deeply humane.” He closed his speech by mouthing typical slogans of the authoritarian left: “Viva Mission Sucre! Viva Presidente Chavez! Viva La Revolucion Bolivariana! Hasta La Victoria Siempre!”
Image courtesy of http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/archives/2008/05/obamas_base_jan.html.
Would Ayers be your long term associate and supporter if he routinely pursued Hugo Chavez?
[PRES] McCain: Obama Chavez (English)
“The group was dealing with the past with a kind of amnesia about violent actions. Bill Ayers recollected his adventurous violence with practiced jokes. “Guilty as hell, free as a bird, it’s a great country,” he said He also said his three sons were incredulous to hear that Bill had burned his draft card to protest the Vietnam War. “Burned your credit card?” asked one little boy. “Man, I’m not that stupid,” Bill said.”
“Bill Ayers, August 2001, former Weatherman, stomps on U.S. flag. As a result of their friendship with Kathy Boudin and David Gilbert, Bill and Bernardine Dorhn raised Chesa Boudin.”
Image courtesy of http://777denny.wordpress.com/2008/05/06/obama-is-friendly-with-terrorist-ayers-shown-stepping-on-an-american-flag/.
Gives one a moment to ponder and ask tough questions.
Birds of the same feather, flock together.
- http://globallabor.blogspot.com/2008/04/who-sent-obama.html. Who “sent” Obama?. April 22, 2008.
- http://globallabor.blogspot.com/2008/06/that-guy-who-lives-in-my-neighborhood.html. UPDATED 6/23 That “Guy Who Lives in My Neighborhood”: Behind the Ayers-Obama Relationship. June 18, 2008.
- http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/obama-and-the-woods-fund/. Obama and the Woods Fund. September 13, 2008.
- http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/obama-ayers-and-the-annenberg-challenge-cover-up/. Obama, Ayers, and the Annenberg Challenge Cover-Up. August 22, 2008.
- http://777denny.wordpress.com/2008/05/06/obama-is-friendly-with-terrorist-ayers-shown-stepping-on-an-american-flag/. Obama is “Friendly” With Terrorist Ayers Shown Stepping on an American Flag. May 6, 2008.
- http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/August-2001/No-Regrets/. No Regrets. August 2001.
- http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=308271974461547. Obama’s real Problems With Ayers. October 7, 2008.