Some tough points and questions from across the land directed at Congress nowadays. And it’s speeding out of control health care bill.
Image courtesy of Michael Ramirez Monday June 22, 2009 at http://www.ibdeditorials.com/CartoonPopUp.aspx?id=330295540345489.
- Don’t forget to include yourselves in having to participate in that public health care plan called America’s Affordable Health Choices Act 2009 that you are so fiercely working on behalf of President Barack Obama, that will force the rest of America to use, while you exempt yourselves so that you can keep using your own insurance.
- Isn’t the public option good enough for you?
- What’s so wrong with the public plan you are trying to saddle the rest of America with, that Congress does not feel is good enough for them?
- Why did you vote yourselves out from having to participate in the public plan? Democrats defeated the amendment, 23 to 18. Full text transcript June 23, 2009.
- Why will Mr. Obama not publicly admit he will use the public health care for himself and his family, instead preferring to mislead the public about the true nature of his health care bill?
The president refused to make such a pledge, though he allowed that if “it’s my family member, if it’s my wife, if it’s my children, if it’s my grandmother, I always want them to get the very best care.
Hot Air‘s slick response, belies the truth behind the Obama administration, as well as the House and Senate, when it comes down to having to drink from the public well of health care.
Oopsie! So ObamaCare for thee, but not for me? Hope and change, baby!
Could this be why the Blue Dog Democrats via Arkansas Rep. Mike Ross, exercisesd the voice of reason recently?
He says it’s become apparent that it’s not only the centrist and fiscally conservative Blue Dogs who, among congressional Democrats, resist the House health care reform bill. He won’t provide names, but says “progressive member after progressive member” — Democratic House members more to the left than he, that is — came by to tell him and others in the Blue Dog coalition thanks for putting the brakes on the bill.
The head of the Congressional Budget Office, testifying in the Senate, had said moments before that the House bill and a Senate bill floating around would not curb the inflation-transcending growth in health care costs and would exacerbate the already frightful deficit.
This pronouncement has made prominent Democrats mad and caused the driving of a hint of a wedge.
“Health takeover. Obama. Blue Dogs.”
Image courtesy of Eric Allie via http://furiousdiaper.com/?p=1782.