What is the DREAM Act? A chance to assuage kids who were brought to this country as illegal aliens? An appeasement to illegal immigration proponents? How about a chance to open the floodgates to America as a safe harbor?
Conservatives take issue with opening doors to America once again to illegal immigrants. It was done before, and now some 25 years later, they are clamoring for a repeat. The DREAM Act is much more than what is being touted by supporters.
Read the full memo with examples from Sen. Jeff Sessions of the significant problems with the DREAM Act here. Another travesty on the hard-working immigrants who have come to America the legal way, and the American tax payers who will pay.
- The DREAM Act Is NOT Limited to Children, And It Will Be Funded On the Backs Of Hard Working, Law-Abiding Americans
- The DREAM Act PROVIDES SAFE HARBOR FOR ANY ALIEN, Including Criminals, From Being Removed or Deported If They Simply Submit An Application
- Certain Criminal Aliens Will Be Eligible For Amnesty Under The DREAM Act
- Estimates Suggest That At Least 2.1 Million Illegal Aliens Will Be Eligible For the DREAM Act Amnesty. In Reality, We Have No Idea How Many Illegal Aliens Will Apply
- Illegal Aliens Will Get In-State Tuition Benefits
- The DREAM Act Does Not Require That An Illegal Alien Finish Any Type of Degree (Vocational, Two-Year, or Bachelor’s Degree) As A Condition of Amnesty
- The DREAM Act does not require that an illegal alien serve in the military as a condition for amnesty, and There is ALREADY A Legal Process In Place For Illegal Aliens to Obtain U.S. Citizenship Through Military Service
- Despite Their Current Illegal Status, DREAM Act Aliens Will Be Given All The Rights That Legal Immigrants Receive—Including The Legal Right To Sponsor Their Parents and Extended Family Members For Immigration
- Current Illegal Aliens Will Get Federal Student Loans, Federal Work Study Programs, and Other Forms of Federal Financial Aid
- DHS Is Prohibited From Using the Information Provided By Illegal Aliens Whose DREAM Act Amnesty Applications Are Denied To Initiate Their Removal Proceedings or Investigate or Prosecute Fraud in the Application Process
Read the rest of the memo and learn how the DREAM Act is nothing short of a giveaway and subsequent sanctuary to those who have not followed the path in earnest and legally, as many other hardworking and law-abiding immigrants have done historically.
Bill Summary & Status 111th Congress (2009 – 2010) S.729. Library of Congress.
Text of Legislation Library of Congress. Library of Congress.
Even the liberal Newsweek is tossing its two cents into the hypocrisy of the DREAM Act. Obama’s Last-Ditch Push for Immigration Amnesty.
In the post-election “lame duck” session of Congress, Obama and the Democrats will focus on jobs, jobs, jobs. … Oh, wait, no. They’ll focus on passing a big amnesty for illegal immigrants, in order to reward their Latino “base”–which was only 8 percent of the national vote but supposedly cares with something approaching monomania about amnesty (despite evidence that Hispanic American opinion is shifting against illegal immigrantion). … When did the Democrats’ African-American base–11 percent of the vote–get that kind of service? …